Automation focused RICOH Pro™ VC80000 rewrites inkjet economics
Ricoh Europe today announced the new RICOH Pro VC80000. With this new high speed inkjet webfed platform, print service providers can harness enhanced automated production, closed loop quality control and more advanced production floor integration, to enjoy highly efficient operation and application agility.
The RICOH Pro VC80000 builds on the success of the RICOH Pro™ VC70000 and is designed to produce exceptional quality direct mail, colour books, catalogues, magazines, and commercial print applications on coated media up to 300gsm. A unique family of software and hardware tools delivers increased automation of production, print quality control and communication with many AI, machine learning, and data analysis features that ensure predictable and repeatable output with minimal operator intervention.
The smallest machine in its class, with a full duplex engine measuring less than ten metres, it incorporates the latest generation ink and temperature controlled inkjet heads. It introduces a number of groundbreaking technologies that achieve a maximum resolution of 1200 x 1200dpi, a maximum speed of 150mpm – creating a 50% increase in production output compared to previous generation presses – and focuses on maximising productivity to drive down the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). They include:
- Faster startup times with new ‘firefly’ dryer technology. An innovative configuration of small, heated rollers that bring the press up to temperature in less than half the time of a typical drying system.
- Next level automated quality control with a fully incorporated RICOH Pro Scanner first introduced as an option on the RICOH Pro VC70000. The scanner actively monitors multiple facets of print quality and constantly reviews the performance of each individual head allowing the Pro VC80000 to automatically maintain a consistently high level of output quality. Colour to colour and front to back registration are automatically controlled and corrections immediately implemented.
- Elimination of manual image adjustment with a spectrophotometer for real time monitoring of colour reproduction. Any variance in the target output can be identified and the necessary adjustments made on the fly.
- RICOH Supervisor™ collects and interprets operational data sourced from the RICOH Pro Scanner and other connected production print devices and creates web based dashboard views using analytics from its business intelligence tool to optimise device utilisation and throughput.
- Highly automated quick paper setup, enabling a brand new substrate that is not stored in the media library to perform optimally at the touch of a button. A SmartStart feature allows automated machine setup prior to the start of a shift without an operator on site.
- Enhanced communication for inline finishing facilitates complex end to end solutions working more effectively. Auto splicing units are also supported for nonstop production.
- Intelligent communication enables maintenance and performance improvements. Service intervention can be predicted, and data collected to improve operational efficiency.
The RICOH Pro VC80000 is supported by Ricoh’s diverse portfolio of brand agnostic software, including RICOH ProcessDirector™ which is the leading automated end to end workflow management solution designed to capture, transform and manage information and processes in ways that can help achieve 100% output integrity, RICOH Auto Color Adjuster which provides precise colour management and matching capability without the need for a colour specialist, and FusionPro® to handle all personalised communication needs – which drive efficiency and a stronger return on investment.
These features have proven to be a winning combination for the beta installation at the Sattler Media Group in Germany, one of Europe’s leading media companies, with specialist expertise in commercial printing, direct mail, omnichannel marketing and logistics. Christian Haneke, Innovation and Solutions Manager, states: “The level of automation achieved by Ricoh's Pro VC80000, combined with up to 50% higher output of high quality products compared to our current technology, as well as its operator friendly approach, is transforming the role that inkjet plays in Sattler Media Group's production portfolio."
"Our high speed inkjet clients share similar production challenges: they need high speed capacity to fulfil large orders and tighter turnaround times, and tools to make operating their presses easier and more efficient,” said Eef de Ridder, Vice President, Graphic Communications Group, Ricoh Europe. “The RICOH Pro VC80000 is built on what made the previous generation a client favourite and is a testament to our commitment to helping clients solve their challenges. It sets a new standard in automation and data first intelligence to increase productivity and usable output with consistency across operators and shifts. Following closely on the release of the B2 sheetfed RICOH Pro Z75, it cements Ricoh’s status as a market leader in production inkjet printing.”
The RICOH Pro VC80000 high speed inkjet press is available from early 2024 across EMEA.
For more information visit www.ricoh-europe.com.
| Om Ricoh |
Hos Ricoh styrker vi digitale arbejdspladser gennem innovative teknologier og tjenester, der gør det muligt for mennesker at arbejde smartere, uanset hvor de er.
Ricoh er en førende leverandør af digitale tjenester, workflow- og dokumenthåndteringsløsninger samt kommercielle og industrielle printløsninger, der er designet til at understøtte digital transformation og optimere virksomhedens resultater.
Med hovedkvarter i Tokyo når Ricoh Group ud til kunder i ca. 200 lande og regioner, understøttet af viden, teknologier og organisatoriske evner og erfaringer, der er blevet næret gennem virksomhedens 85-årige historie.
I regnskabsåret, der sluttede marts 2023, havde Ricoh Group en global omsætning på 2.134 milliarder yen (ca. 16 mia. USD). Det er Ricohs mission og vision at forstå og transformere måden, som mennesker arbejder på, så vi kan frigøre deres potentiale og kreativitet – og sammen realisere en bæredygtig fremtid.
Ricoh Danmark A/S har hovedkontor i Vallensbæk Strand og filialer i Aarhus og Kolding. Ricoh Danmark har desuden eget landsdækkende servicenetværk, samt en række specialiserede partnere over hele landet.
Læs mere på www.ricoh.dk
Ricoh Danmark A/S
Delta Park 37
2665 Vallensbæk Strand
Tlf.: 70 10 67 68
Tlf.: 29 29 61 91
Find os på Facebook: www.facebook.com/ricohdanmark
Find os på Twitter: www.twitter.com/ricoheurope
Find os på LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/ricoh-danmark-a-s
Find os på Youtube: www.youtube.com/ricoheurope
Besøg Ricohs mediecenter på: www.ricoh.dk/nyheder-og-events/presserum